2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

signal switch broken

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Default RE: signal switch broken

Having the same problem and followed your advice, thank you. I managed to get the switch disconnected and then poked around and indeed found three small broken pieces of black plastic floating around. But after removing the loose pieces and putting it back together, my indicator still stays blinking left!

Do you remember how far you "dug" into the switch assembly? I took two screws out and took the cover out, which exposed the push mechanism (where I found the broken pieces) but didn't go further. Any suggestions?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: 98Montero

Having the same problem and followed your advice, thank you. I managed to get the switch disconnected and then poked around and indeed found three small broken pieces of black plastic floating around. But after removing the loose pieces and putting it back together, my indicator still stays blinking left!

Do you remember how far you "dug" into the switch assembly? I took two screws out and took the cover out, which exposed the push mechanism (where I found the broken pieces) but didn't go further. Any suggestions?
Check to be sure that nothing else was moved out of place. It's been awhile since I looked into one (I still have the one I fixed). You can also plug the switch back in before you close it all up to be sure that everything is working as far as the switch goes. I can't imagine a relay being stuck, they either work, give intermittent issues, or they're just dead.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:06 PM

After taking the module apart again, I realized the problem. One of the small plastic pieces that broke off is actually used to slide the left/center/right sensor from position to position. It was attached to a cam that rotated as the lever moves up and down. Anyhow, good 'ol superglue did the trick and now I'm back in business! Thanks for your advice, your original post was what actually got me motivated to take it apart in the first place. Your instructions were spot on. BTW - Mitsubishi dealer wanted over $300 to replace this unit!