Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Sound, Indicator (signal) switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 02:31 AM
Default Sound, Indicator (signal) switch

It always annoy me when i put my indicator on specially LEFT.. the sound is like short circuit or burning sound. After trying agin it will go, but most of the time the sound is there. Is there someone can help me guys with the same problem? Any input ? Thanks!

My Monty is 96'LS

Old 03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
pc
Default RE: Sound, Indicator (signal) switch

The easiest first thing to do is to replace the flasher unit. On my 92 the turn signals and hazard lights are operated with the same unit.You may have separate units. If that does not fix the problem you may just have to trace the problem but you'll need a circuit diagram. I would determine if you have too much load on the turn signal circuit, i.e. added aftermarket lights or if you tied in for other electrical devices spliced into that circuit. If you do, disconnect the added items and see if the problem goes away. If not then comes the hard part, troubleshooting each part of the circuit. The power for the turn signal circuit comes from the battery when the ignition switch is on then goes directly to the flasher unit then to the turn signal switch and then to the turn signals. It's odd the sound only happens on left turn if it's the flasher, that may be a good clue as to where to look. You may want to take it to an auto electric shop where the techs can measure load and determine if you have a short circuit in the system. The burning sound may be just that, burning!

Old 03-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Default RE: Sound, Indicator (signal) switch

Turn signal switch sounds to be your problem Mitsubishi Part# MR277925