Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Turn Indicator Switch Cancelling (not)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:41 AM
Default Turn Indicator Switch Cancelling (not)

Hello All,
Need help now with 2000 Monty sport Ltd.165K mi.
Turn flashers for left turn constantly on. Can not cancel with switch control arm or any other way. Removed Fuse to at least drive using hand arm out window signaling. Someone have pinnig infor for this switch. I see nobody has offered to post a wire scheme as others have been asking and are in need of it. Most times I go local library for a quick note of the info of whatever I am working on at the time. It is hard for me to understand with all the electrical problems associated with this particular Make/Model nobody has been gracious enough to make the Electrical scheme info an easy reference item. So any help would be great cause wife needs car Monday morning. Can't have her driving an unfit vehicle you know.

Thanks,
M.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Hi there, the service manual for the 1999-2001 Montero Sport can be found here:

http://www.mitsubishilinks.com

You should be able to find the wiring diagrams you need in there.

Based on your description, the indicator switch itself might be faulty. Consider replacing that, as they come as an entire unit.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 PM

2000Monty, while your frustration is understandable, information is available as mitsustigi so readily demonstrated.

The good news is that your problem could be as simple as popping in a new flasher/turn signal unit located in the steering column next to the ignition switch. Remove the plastic underside cover. You're looking for a small usually silver box or canister-shaped device that pulls out like a fuse. It should make a audible click when operating correctly. Take it with you to your local auto parts store for a correct match of mounting hardware and voltage.

There's a better than even chance that that's it and it's nothing more complicated or expensive.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 PM

you need a new turn signal switch assy there is a small plastic part that breaks on the left turn signal side of the switch and you can not repair it you will have to buy a new switch

Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Wink swith designed to fail

You got it exactly right mxmikie,
I removed the turn indicator switch, took it apart and yes a very small plastic tab had broken off from the left end of the switch slide.

Unbeilevable they allow a design such as this (designed to fail).

Anyway, super glued it back in place, drove to the parts store an ordered replacement to be in next day - cost $125.00 usd.

Thank you all for your input and support.

Keep them running

M.