Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

4WD Indicator Light Not Working - Diff Not Engages???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:55 AM
Question 4WD Indicator Light Not Working - Diff Not Engages???

HI and Respect !!! I want to ask question about this topic.
Vehicle is Pajero Sport 2003 GLS. It has vacuum pump on alternator, it has two solenoids, it has vacuum reservoir, actuator and four switches detectors - two on transfer box upper behind shifting levers, one between transfer box and transmission and one on the vacuum actuator housing. So it has front wheels locking - engagement and it should be activated on 4L ???
The problem is this: green light on the dash board is going on only when ignition switch is ON before engine start, after starting it's going OFF It is no flashing or blinking it is just OFF it is not detecting 4WD in 4H and not detecting 4L it is not flashing and not blinking it is dead. I have been driving this vehicle constantly in all positions of transfer like 2H, 4H and 4L and all is working exept front diff lock - the system is not working, it has been worked by the signs marks on the actuator lever.
what i did i removed detection switches and all four of them were stuck so i rework them with WD40 and when put them back i get this:
- 4WD indicator no matter in which positio of transfer lever is FULL OFF continiuty test ~ Ohms, and removed i get this situatin of zero continuity when i pressed the switch nipple in but released was 0 Ohms continuity;
- one of detection switches was switching between 4L and 4H and the other one black connector was constantly ON..
Can Someone Please Explain what is or what could be the problem? Please?