2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Speaker installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Default RE: Speaker installation

ORIGINAL: Kaede.Noir

Hahaha there you go hijacking threads again silver =) i know how to remove the back panels as well.... but what i need is apparently some less higher speakers, cuz the ones i was about to install on the back of my 2g, well... the magnet touched the metal all the way into, and i was like... oooook, and just tried to put the pannel over them and well.... i couldnt... so is there any height sizes for the speakers? or something like that? o_O
Man, you know me, lol. I don't mean to though. It is door related though...right? lol
If you put 3 ways or 4 ways in the back, you'll get that issue. Some lower models will fit back there without issues. Say like some base model Pioneers for example.

Hey, no problem Dusty, I'm glad you got it fixed. Just know that the parts that rattle are the nuts/bolts that connect to the glass because those, for some reason, don't get even a dab of thread locker on them.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 PM

sorry man, the thread jacking was technically my fault since i requested the info that john intentionally left out haha.. LO SIENTO! (spanish... i dunno)

Old 08-03-2007, 01:06 AM

Thanks for all the help, im buying the speaker spaces just in case and I can always return them, I think i got this down lol. Total was about 180.00 after tax for 4 speakers and all the installation stuff. Not bad I guess for polk audio db651s

Old 08-08-2007, 12:08 PM

So I tried to do the window thing and it still rattles real bad i tightened the clip but that was all i did is there more than one clip you have to tighten or is it just the one closest to the door hinges? Oh, and i was just wondering i don't really care about this so much but when i roll my window down i have manual windows and my lever thing makes a hideous sound when i roll it around just wondering if i could fix that?

Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 PM

grease the tracks and the gearbox in your door....that should fix it. and with your window rattle... make sure all the bolts are tight on the window and to the tracks....and you might have to replace/adjust the felt strips on the top of the door on the inside where the windows come out...just look in there and you should see em.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 AM

I got the front 2 speakers installed but the rear speakers had to be difficult :/...I got to the factory speaker and removed it, but my new 6x9 would not even fit in, theres not enough room...Could anybody reccomend some good speakers for th rear

Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM

Would not fit because of depth, width, etc.????
I'm new to this car, but most of what I've read browsing through this site is the depth. I've read that some space it out, I'm assuming there is some space between the speaker and the trim. Some use a hammer to dent where the magnet hits.
I have 1/4" to 1/2" spacers on my truck speakers to clear the magnet from the window trim. It presses the speaker ring against the door panel but not enough to hurt anything. Most stereo shops toss the spacers when not needed, or have a box full in the back. They come with some speakers for clearance issues.