2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Swapping for a spyder, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:46 PM

No it wont hurt it at all because spyders let you have the choice. There is a button on the drivers side in the trunk that you switch to go from manual to automatic. Its in the owners manual . And also when its manually done you can still hit the top down switch and watch all four windows drop..pretty cool lol.From what i understand the top motors have pins in them that shear away over time. There is a way to fix it yourself and save a 100 or so.I have yet to do it because im in the process of painting and parting together a turbo. Any more questions ill help out right away if i can!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by gpopppa
No it wont hurt it at all because spyders let you have the choice. There is a button on the drivers side in the trunk that you switch to go from manual to automatic. Its in the owners manual . And also when its manually done you can still hit the top down switch and watch all four windows drop..pretty cool lol.From what i understand the top motors have pins in them that shear away over time. There is a way to fix it yourself and save a 100 or so.I have yet to do it because im in the process of painting and parting together a turbo. Any more questions ill help out right away if i can!

Im afraid to try and put the top down manually cause i was told after i had my new top put on to not do that because it would cause damage but i do like pushing the button to watch all the windows drop LOL

Old 07-09-2010, 01:24 PM

Well its all up to you if you want to do it manually or automatic. If i was told by someone that it would ruin it id just laugh. Mitsubishi had in mind that some might not want to put it down automatically,which is why there is a manual switch in the trunk. Im thinking he told you that because when you do it manually it does create a little bend in the top frame when you put it up. Its not an issue tho because its not hard to tighten a few screws. But yes girl,it is cool to watch the windows drop. And maybe you can answer me a question,does your driverside window drop as well? I swear mine did the first time i pushed the button but then it would just drop the two quarter windows and the passenger. LOL. But yea, motors arent cheap and prefer to use it manually.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by gpopppa
Well its all up to you if you want to do it manually or automatic. If i was told by someone that it would ruin it id just laugh. Mitsubishi had in mind that some might not want to put it down automatically,which is why there is a manual switch in the trunk. Im thinking he told you that because when you do it manually it does create a little bend in the top frame when you put it up. Its not an issue tho because its not hard to tighten a few screws. But yes girl,it is cool to watch the windows drop. And maybe you can answer me a question,does your driverside window drop as well? I swear mine did the first time i pushed the button but then it would just drop the two quarter windows and the passenger. LOL. But yea, motors arent cheap and prefer to use it manually.

Yea my driversside goes down also!! all 4 at the same time just drop it's soo cool and people stare at u like wtf haha but maybe i'll try it cause like u said motors aint cheap