2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Title Work

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Default Title Work

Well I bought a 1997 Eclipse i live in Indiana and the guy i bought from doesnt have a social security number so the title got lost in transaction from him and the old owner. So i took it from him due to the fact that he owed me 500 bucks. So Now i dumped all this money into the eclipse its time to use it and im thinkin how coud i get a title. I got the bill of sale from the BMV. He signed it and everything. I cant take him to the BMV and request another title becuase he doesnt have an ID to proof its really him. Any information will be real helpfull. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Default RE: Title Work

I would try to file for a salvage title, say that you got it from the guy and he got it from a yard.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:50 AM

were do i file for a salvage title at the police station or at the BMV? Thanks any info is very much apreciated

Old 09-23-2005, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

You could do it that way OR you could try for an abandoned vehicle title. If you get an abandoned title it looks better than a salvage title if I'm not mistaken (Resale-wise). The abandoned title you'll have to talk to your DMV to find out exactly what you have to do. Here in VA you have to send a notification to the previous owner via certified letter then wait 3 months if he doesn't reply you bring teh reciept to the DMV with the address of the previous owner and they will then send a certified letter and if he again fails to reply in 3 months then the title is yours. (I KNOW it's a long wait but again it'd be a clear and free title that isn't a salvage title).

Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 PM

Well guys thanks for your advice but i think i got everything figured. When my PO officer came to talk to me I asked him about it he told me to get a Power of Attorney letter and i woudnt have to take him to the BMV. So he said i needed a Public Notory to Notorise it so it woud be valid in the eyes of the government. So i new this Notory public that owed me a favor from a while back and he decided to pay me with his seal and his signiture and it woud be valid. I didnt even need the original owner to go with me. So we filled it out and tomorrow im going back to the BMV to order the title duplicate sent to my address i figure out how to signed it over to me and the car is mine. Thanks for your advice it was very much apreciated. I came across this oportunity while listening to you guys and i took it thanks. Ill let you know if i get the title. Thanks again.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Good to hear you got the opportunity and took hold of it. Good luck with it.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:45 AM

thanks man. Danm your everywere Bro