2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Water leak right onto air filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Default Water leak right onto air filter

Ok... just got an AEM CAI the other day... i drove in the rain for over 40 miles and I didn't seem to have a problem... I washed the hood of my car this morning (cat walked all over it.. sand prints everywhere... it sucked ), looked down at the filter and notice the water running all over it... just soaking the thing. Lifted the hook and realized water was running under the hood and right down to the filter.

Pictures:

This is bad right? lol... fixable?

Peez help.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Water leak right onto air filter

All right first QUIT PANICING!. Think about it when you wash your car where is the car and what is it doing? Sitting there right? Which means that the water is GOING to drip down like that (If the water was THAT much a problem noone would have a CAI unless they were driving only in suny weather). When you drive the car the water will be moving up the body instead of falling down into the engine bay. Also remember that your engine bay is NOT water tight. (The whole underside is open for god's sake). Second The air filter likely has a cotton filiment (Or another material like it) which will absorb the little bit of water you got on it and evaporate it. There's nothing to worry about with a little bit of water. Getting a few stray particles even isn't going to hurt. It's when you take a good amount and try to combust it that the problems happen. Just don't drive through puddles you'l be fine (And you missed the paw prints on the fender dude I can see them LOL)...

Old 02-26-2006, 07:26 PM

*breathes* thanks man.. I needed that.. lol. I'm a paranoid freak about everything.

...............and I'm thinking about accidently dropping a shovel on my cats neck. [:@]

Old 02-26-2006, 10:22 PM

DROP A SHOVEL!!!!.. THAT WAS FUNNY!

Old 02-26-2006, 11:39 PM

even if the car is running the water would never make it to the motor it will evap long before that. unless your filter goes under water completely youll be fine

Old 02-27-2006, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Damn dude no killin the cat (I'm a cat person damnit). Just get rid of the sand in the area... LOL. Yeah see Emonz agrees the little amount that you get on the filter because of that will never make i to the engine. If you drive through a puddle that's a foot deep THEN start worrying. Otherwise you're good to go.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:45 PM

Yeah, I won't be driving through any foot deep puddles around here... unless of course another hurricane Ivan rolls through ... then i wont be driving my car at all... nuh uh.. no sir-E.... Not with my tires.. It's like driving off-road on the streets after a hurricane like that comes through.. of course, my car might have a tree laying on top of it too, so... why worry about driving it?

And as for getting rid of the sand... it might happen, but, I doubt it.. our entire drive way is sand and shells and for some reason that cats (yes, there are 2) love jumping on my car, and not the 3 other vehicles in the yard...

Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Disconnect the battery of the car and electrically charge the body so when the cats jump on they'll immediately jump off... LOL... OR GET A DAMN CAR COVER sheesh... lol

Old 02-27-2006, 02:22 PM

I'm too lazy to get a car cover.. but the electrified car sounds like a good idea, lol

Old 02-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Then they'd quit jumpin on the eclipse and head over to one of the others LOL