2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

is it worth buying a 95 gs-t

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Default is it worth buying a 95 gs-t

ok ive been posting alot about gs-t and i cant find 97-99 gs-t here in miami all i can find is 1995 gs-t
are they worth it?? this is one of the cars i liked what do you guys think??

1995 gs-t(97,000 miles- $6,500)New Clutch, Timing belt done recently, Leather seats, Tints, Upgraded to 97-99 Front & Rear bumper, Custom paint job, projector headlights, molded Mr-2 scoops, Greddy Large Front mount Intercooler, Greddy upper & lower intercooler piping, Greddy Type-S Blow off valve, Injen intake,

and here is the picture of the car!

i still have to go see the car and test drive it and look for the crankwalk ive been reading the articles but sometimes i dont understand it
do you guys think this is a good price for this car????

Old 02-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Default RE: is it worth buying a 95 gs-t

I think it sounds pretty good, but that's just me and I'm a 3000GT driver.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:58 PM

so you think its a good deal? i read that crankwalk is seen more on the older eclipses(95,96,97)

Old 02-07-2006, 02:03 PM

Doesn't mean it can't be fixed if it happens, doesn't mean it is still not a bad deal.

I guess what you really need to consider is, well...how important is going fast to you? For me it is VERY important (course probably why I have my license suspended, but meh lol) so I would be happy to put down that kinda change. Just gotta think about it.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:11 PM

i own 1998 rs...im selling it its to SLOW thats the reason i want to get the gs-t! i tried searching for a 3000gt and at talon but they have nothing good in miami...how many miles is to much? is 97,000 good for that 95 gs-t?
how do you fix the crankwalk if it happens( how much will it cost me)

Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 PM

Psh no idea. I'm a 19 year old loser who's in college for Psychology and Political Sciene lol. And I have a 3000GT not an Eclipse, like I said, so, can't really help ya out there. I just know that going fast is important to me.

I got my car with 94,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems with it yet, if that helps at all.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:35 PM

94K ona 95 is low mileage every one i searched forhad minimum of 110K as for crankwalk the only way to fix is replace the crank berrings. a simple motor rebuild with the correct berrings makes the issue almost non-exsistant or you can just swap for a used 6bolt. but just remember all motors can crankwalk after replacing the berrings in teh 7bolt they have just as much of a chance as a 6bolt to crankwalk.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Well crankwalk is not something that happens to every single 2g. I forget the #'s btu i'm pretty sure that the highest was like 50% of a curtian type. Like i said i don't remember the exact %'s. But to me this sounds like nto a bad deal. The engine pic looked pretty damn clean. As long as the car hasn't been totally beaten on it should be fine. As far as things to check for, rust in the engine bay and under the car (frame). Take it for a test drive and beat on it a bit to make sure it runs good up high. The car looks lowered too (just wondering). anyways. Just take a good look at it. Check the suspension too, Cuz i know my was rusted to ****.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:41 PM

Yeah I think overall it is a fairly good deal. That thing does look pretty amazing and clean.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:47 PM

From the looks of it the guy probably took really good care of the engine so that a definate plus. But with the mileage that high you are looking at entering a stage of that engine were your definately going to have some work ahead of you.(Maby not worth it). My friend had a GS-T he baught that started at 70,000 Miles. The engine looked well mainted as well. Now granted he started driving the **** out of it, once he got around 90,000 95,000 miles it started to encounter some problems. But most of it was not major and could be fixed with a little bit of reading. Also when your refering to a turbo that hasent been touched or modified when the guy obviously likes fast cars or making cars look nice. Most likely he drove it hard which means that the turbo has had a long life... How much is he asking? I would either A.) Buy it with a little cash on the side for any small problems you might encounter or maby just do some mods to the turbo. or B.) Look around different area's for a lower mileage one(be a little patient). Dont worry about going a distances to find one. It wont be that hard to get it to were you are and it would probably be worth it.

Quick Reply: is it worth buying a 95 gs-t