3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

2000 Eclipse GT V6

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Default 2000 Eclipse GT V6

So I bought an eclipse GT for $4500 from a dealership in November of 2011. They told me they gave me new tires and everything is in running condition. I do not know much about cars so i took their words for it. of course I test drove it which it ran fine(or i thought it did)

Early December, I found out that one of the rim was bent and leaking air, so i had to get the spare out and take the car to a tire shop. The shop fixed the rim as best as they could but its aluminum alloy so they can't do it perfectly. the leak was sealed however. They told me my tires are worn down the the bar and one of the tire's side wall is cracked but not leaking air.

Another problem was my temperature keep going up and back to normal. My friends from my school's sport car club was willing to help me out and think its air bubble in the coolant. so I went out and bought coolant yesterday and tried to fill the radiator today. end up, there was very little coolant left in the radiator, i filled it up to full and used quite a bit of a jug of coolant. My friend told me to start the car, then they hear my engine which was quite loud, I thought was due to the cold but they immediately determine it was because i was running low on oil. We checked the oil immediately after turning off the car, there was almost NOTHING in it!!! he was speechless and surprised that there was almost nothing in the oil pan. So we went to autozone and bought oil. we changed the oil and the filter, also added more coolant, now the car runs soooo much quieter and nicer.

What I want to ask is... I drove the car for almost 2000 miles like that, shouldn't the dealership be responsible? they did sign a contract with me saying the car is in running and good condition when they gave me the car, but giving me a car with almost no coolant or oil in it is highly hazardous, can I get any claim? I don't want much from them, maybe just new tires like they said the car had(which didnt...)

Oh and afterward My heat dont work properly, when i turn on the heat(engine is already hot) the passenger dashboard heater is only warm while the driver side is completely cold... anyone got any clue what could be the problem??

My engine also idles around 1100, is this normal?

thanks for reading my story, please help me out, im a newbie when it come to cars, but i really want to learn how to take care of them

Last edited by Slyphen; 01-22-2012 at 09:31 PM.