Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Default RE: I need some suggestions!!!

ORIGINAL: Sebba

No

1) Not without a turbo

2) Not without a serious drop in MPG

3) Want a faster car? Buy a faster car.

-Reality/ - Engaged
We already established that. What no one has said yet, is what you can do to maximize power to get the most out of this engine. I have already decided on a small "wet" shot of nitrous (just in case). That will save me mpg because I can keep the stock fuel injectors, etc. Now what I need to know is everything I can get to give me the most power without much sacrifice. Can anyone think of something?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:28 PM

why wouldnt u just get a gt?. so u dont have to do any mods or just a few and use that? sell the rs?.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:54 PM

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE YOUR CAR FAST.

believe me dude, i have a 3rd gen rs. same motor same everything. the rs's can NOT be made fast without spilling a lot of money into it. sure you can run nitrous if you want. but in order to get it any lower then high 14's your gonna need to do a lot more work to your engine to support it. you are going to end up spending soo much more money then its worth where as you can just go out and buy a gt for probably cheaper then this project would cost. for the last time, its NOT worth it

Old 09-26-2008, 01:37 PM

If no one wants to answer my questions then fine. I'll just guess.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:48 PM

wtf dude, i guess im missing your question then. because it seemed to me like your question was what you can do to get power without sacrafice. my answer, which is 100% true, was basically nothing. you can build your motor if you want, but thats going to cost you thousands of dollars and you will end up with a car that can run 12's maybe. your car is NOT meant to go fast. its meant to get good gas milage which it does. if you want power, you WILL sacrafice gas milage, and it WILL cost you a lot of money. there is NO way around it. get used to it. your car is not a performance car by any means. im not trying to put you down, im just trying to get you to understand the truth

Old 09-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Banned

Any power adders will lower fuel economy.

To get the most horse power you need to turbo the car = not worth it. For non turbo then you are looking at the following:

Exhaust
Intake
Ported head
High lift cams
High Compression pistons
Fuel computer+monitoring device.

All those things will cost more than turboing anyway.

The one thing you can do to increace power and mpg would be to get a tuning device, however that will be like 500 bucks, and it will take you forever to get a return on your investment.

In other words, don't bother.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:18 PM

Ok, so, after careful deliberation I went to a car lot yesterday. I traded my '04 Eclipse GS w/ 45k miles for an '03 Eclipse GT w/ 61k miles straight across. The only problem was a loose cam sensor, lol. It was adult drvien w/ one owner. I totally scored with this. So, then I took the money I was saving for parts for the GSand went 40 miles to the nearest high performance auto part store and bought an AEM Short Ram Intake ($99), an Injen Cat-Back Exhaust ($349), and some Powerslot brake rotors w/ Hawk Pads ($399-Discount for the set). AND...
On the way home from work today, I pulled up next to an 04-07 RX-8. I am guessing it was stock, because I beat it off the line like nothing, and it caught up a little, but my Eclipse had a little too much torque for the puny rotary engine. At 1/8-mile it was2 lengths behind. Then I slowed down. You guys were right. Thanks for the help.