A little more power please - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 12-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Lightbulb A little more power please

I would like to get a little more power out of the V6 3.0L that came with the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT. I don't want to spend a fortune or be able to out run a Mustang or Camaro. Does any one have any performance tips that don`t cost an arm and a leg .I`ve heard of a performance chip that will increase horsepower but would like to hear from some one who has tried this and with what results. I live in Canada but my car came with the California emission exhaust ( meaning 3 cats ) 2 small ones at the exhaust manifolds and a larger one downstream. Can I remove the 2 small one.. ???? Any help would be greatly appreciated .. Thanks

Since writing this post I have learned that you can not remove the cats.. Federal and Cali laws state that if they are there at build time they must remain. This means I can not install the beautiful stainless headers I found.
Attached Thumbnails
A little more power please-20171024_101152.jpg   A little more power please-20170803_144528.jpg  

Last edited by Widgmaster; 01-20-2018 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Update