3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Warning ---Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Default Warning ---Body Kit

I recently purchased a rear bumper lip and side skirts for a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT from EXTREME DIMENSIONS. The items I received are of very poor quality. One of the side skirts is so twisted I would have to cut the material in order for it to fit correctly. The bumper lips is also garbage . Both ends of the bumper stick into the wheel well by about an inch and a half. My body man said it would take considerable work to make these items fit. The seller does warn that these item should be installed by a professional and now I know why.. If you are considering buying a body kit be warned you have your work cut out for you. You would expect better quality from a well known name like EXTREME DIMENSIONS..

Old 05-08-2019, 07:29 AM

After speaking to many Custom Car owners I may have been a little hard on Extreme Dimensions . They tell me with any after market part there will be extensive body work and modifications necessary to adapt body panels or any body mod . I guess I was expecting a plug and play type system but that's just not the case here. I guess I will have to dig deep into my wallet to get the look I am after .

Old 09-30-2019, 05:55 AM

After a very long wait I finally received my front bumper lip from ( bodykits.com . ) I have it fitted on my ride but am having trouble with mounting . I have two screws holding it behind the grill ( which I made myself ) I had to make end caps so I could secure the end of the lip at the fender well to keep the lip tight against the body . It looks okay but it does not form with the body line of the car. I was wondering if any one else has installed this lip and what they did to get a better fit.

Spyder GT with VIS Bumper Lip

Vis Bumper Lip.