4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

2008 Eclipse Spyder Convertible Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2024, 06:01 AM
Default 2008 Eclipse Spyder Convertible Issues

Hi all, new to the group. Purchased a 2008 Spyder Convertible about a week ago. The top, when purchased was closed and had the issue with the beeping 3 times because the car thinks the hood is up or out of position when moving from a start etc. I was able to manually open and close the roof. I have also been able to eliminate the constant beeping when I manually went thu the process of manually opening and closing. I have 3 questions for the group.
1) It seems sometimes during the testing of manual operation that the latch/lock lever on the bonnet does not want to move freely, even after turning the manual valve on top of the hydraulic reservoir. I have looked up and would love difinitive answer on position of Valve when open or closed. Clockwise or counterclockwise. I have had the roof close when electronically successful when it was turned clockwise. Just want to be sure before moving things manually so I do not damage anything.
2) When I was able to successfully have the roof close electronically when pressing close button, all appears to work great. Except......it will not open on its own at all. Once I press the Open button, it beeps 3 times.
3) I have also had it where when the roof is up, I cannot open manually no matter what. It comes down to the half moon lever above subwoofer that will not fully go from passenger side to drivers side to unlock. I have tried the valve in each position, I have lowered the side arms on the roof and still....it resists unlocking.

Would be much appreciative if anyone can share there expertise or experience with this. I have been tearing up the internet looking and do have some basics, but would love to hear from owners and know from their experiences. One post suggested it is the Open/close button. But being the close works, I have my doubts.
Next thing that comes to mind is the sensors. I cannot find anything on the location of the sensors. Would love to check them out, hit them with some connection cleaner and just see if that is where the problem lies.
Thanks all and look forward to being a part of this Mitsubishi community.