Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2013 outlander

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Default 2013 outlander

HI Just bought one of these with the MMCS and am a little dissatified with the Blue tooth performance to say the least, also the new system does not handle DVD's and comes with no Hard disk, Merely 2 SD cards, one for maps and the other for your use- and of course a CD player.
One thing i would like to investigate is it just that a CD player HW is intalled and if i replace this with a DVD player will that work, My suspicion is yes maybe. it seems to have all the DTS sound sw installed but greyed out ?

Does anyone know the original manufacturer of the unit and model no. ?
where one could find some in depth technical information ?
of course having the first answer will lead to the 2nd easier

We have installed a roof dvd player and am looking toward connecting the audio to the MMCS so the kids dont have to wear Headphones all the time

another project is to investigate the bluetooth issue a little further, i strongly suspect that its not the MMCS that is entirely to blame. I think the LG and the SAMSUNG i have tried to use have some sort of security that only allows you to download one item at a time.. but that will involve some hacking of the phones to fix. anyone tried any signal tracing ?

Maybe its just easier to install a pioneer or Kenwood system with all the bells and whistles, but why take the easy way out

2013 european outlander 2,2d

Old 11-15-2013, 12:19 PM

MMCS is made by Melco (Mitsubishi Electric Company).
BT module is made by Johnson Electronics.

No DVD playback most likely means no decoder/license. Hardly fixable IMHO.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
MMCS is made by Melco (Mitsubishi Electric Company).
BT module is made by Johnson Electronics.

No DVD playback most likely means no decoder/license. Hardly fixable IMHO.
Ok thanks, Melco makes a DVD drive with onboard decoding so maybe ´thats a possibility (but not important right now).. Im trying to get hold of some information on the new unit. To be honest if I can get the pin outs and can get he Audio from the OH video working over the main system, my kids and myself will be more then satisfied for the moment.

The only issue left (i think it for warrant tbh) is that DAB used to work to the point where you can select a station. however when i asked it to scan it crashed. now when I select the DAB it crashes the system and causes a reboot and loss of other stored stations for other frequencies.
and although sweden doesnt have DAB running full time, it should work so back to workshop it goes.

I managed to find a work around for the bluetooth phonebook issue, so i consider that good enough for the moment.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:46 AM

Looks like as usual Mitsubishi left all best features to themselves.
DVD, multi-cameras, maybe something else...