Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

How to import address book from Android over bluetooth (Rockford Fosgate system)

Old 07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Default How to import address book from Android over bluetooth (Rockford Fosgate system)

Hi,

This is my first post here since II recently purchased a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GT. It comes with a Rockford Fosgate system and I am trying to figure it all out. But one thing I can not get to work is to import all contacts from my Android phone. I connected the phone over Bluetooth and it works. However, when I try to import all my contacts the import seemingly completes without any error messages but I'm told there's no entries in my address book when I try to list all. Do I need an SD card to store the contacts, or am I missing something? Can I use the contacts off the phone without importing them?

I have also tried to import individual contacts and I am told by the system it's waiting for the contact but I have no idea how to start the import of the contact. There's no explanation on how to do this either.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:58 PM

I have run into this same issue myself using a Samsung Galaxy 3. Instead I just manually set up a top five contact list that seems to work. Took a couple minutes to do.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:23 PM

I have imported the Contacts list (import all contacts option) from my phone to my ZH LS. Then when I tried to "list all" it stated the phone boook was empty. However using the "Call whoever" prompt still accessed my phone's list (slightly outdated so I know it was the "imported version") without issue. Whenever you update your phone's contacts, re-import the list into the Outlander
It seems the immported contact lists are stored in a seperate "file" - one per paired phone that cannot be "list All" viewed, and the Outlander's "phonebook" (that you can "list all") is seperate to the linked phones's "phonebooks" and stores numbers (input individually) that can then be rung regardless whether the connected phone has that number stored in itself.

Last edited by ScorpioRNSWL; 07-24-2018 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Spelling