Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Change the Rockford Fosgate System ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Cool Change the Rockford Fosgate System ?

i have a 2008 mitsubishi Oulander LS with sun and sound.
But i found the Rockford Fosgate is not the most Clear system i heard,
Yes its lowd, for shure, but the QUALITY of the sound is not there, the sub, is not a nice base.
I wonder if somebody plan or have already change de speaker on there outlander ?

Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM

http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2009-mit...-33550012.html

<<To overcome all of this new cabin noise, we had to crank the Rockford Fosgate audio system. While this stereo ranks as one of the loudest we've tested, it's far from the best sounding, with muddy midrange and highs, despite the fact that its nine speakers include discrete tweeters and a 10-inch sub. >>

<<At the heart of our Mitsubishi Outlander XLS' cabin tech package is the mucho-powerful 650-watt Rockford Fosgate audio system. Perhaps, it's too powerful for the hollow plastic interior panels. Rattles and buzzes abounded as the 10-inch powered subwoofer did its best to rip the doors off of their hinges. >>

<<Not only does the audio system overpower the interior panels, it also overpowers itself. Its overly loud bass drowns out the already muddy midranges and highs, even with the three-band EQ set to flat and the "bass punch" set to its lowest setting. >>

Old 03-18-2009, 04:19 PM

I've had the complete opposite experience - to me the system sounds better than those found oem on vehicles more than twice the price. Have not had any rattles either - I understand that the panels incorporate soundproofing within the interior panels specifically for this system - at least that is what the designer for the 2G Outlander claims in interviews.

Your best bet is to take it to an aftermarket auto sound place and see what they can do with it - whether it's just the subwoofer, the amp or the whole kit and kaboodle.

I don't recall coming across a thread on 3 different Outlander forums on taking the system out - although a whole bunch asking how to put one in!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 PM

I think some people got better sound with some dynamat for soundproofing. Although that doesn't help the quality of the components in the system.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM

Woah my iPod with stock ear buds sounds better then this Foswhat? oh wait... I don't have an iPod... well, you get my point. Cheers!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:41 AM

I have to agree with Armymen, my girlfriend has the RF system in her 09 Lancer, it just doesn't sound as good as I would have expected. I've tried all sorts of different settings and it doesn't seem to improve much.

I put a 200 Watt/10in Kenwood Amp/Sub combo in my 07 Outlander and left the rest stock, and I would say it sounds better than the RF system.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:15 PM

So you change the 650 W for a 200 W system ?
You remove the sub in and put a different one ?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 AM

No, I have the base system (no sun and sound package) and just added my own subwoofer. The stereo's amp powers the original speakers and I have a 200watt amp powering just the subwoofer.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/al...5&pictureid=80

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Ok... the low frequencies are not deep... (a little bit lower should be great !) yes it's loud, but not low enought.... the sound is powerfull, but the range frequencies is note wide... is it from the source, or amplifier.... That is the question !...
I can't find specs on Rockford web site....

Old 04-14-2011, 02:16 AM
ndj

The Rockford Fosgate in my Outy sounds a million times better than the so called BMW "Professional" audio in my M5.

Spending some time really working with the audio set-up menu on the MMCS makes a big difference.

However, at the end of the day I guess it also depends on the style of music you're listening to. Personally I like a lot of bass

Quick Reply: Change the Rockford Fosgate System ?