Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Nav unit question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Default Nav unit question

i just had a Pioneer Avic-z2 nav unit installed in my 09 Lancer GTS. As far as i was told, my existing bluetooth wouldnt work. Well i just found out that it does still work, but when i use it, it turns the nav system off. So im wondering, is it possible to integrate the factory bluetooth to work WITH the nav system? or would i have to buy a new mic for the pioneer? i assumed that it wouldnt be any trouble seeing as the bluetooth would work with a mitsu nav system...but as i was told, its not possible.

also can the AUX jacks be connected to the pioneer as well?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM

to tell you frankly I hate those NAV system especially the Bluetooth on 08-09 Lancer
It is better to buy a bluetooth ear piece set you DON'T HAVE TO PUSH THOSE BUTTONS ON THE STEERING WHEEL IF YOU WANT TO TALK OR hang up the phone while doing 65 to 80 mph. the ear piece is loud and clear. compared to Mitsu bluetooth.

You should have bought the Magellan GPS. it is better and accurate. But oh well you bought them.

You can't rewire the bluetooth with the aftermarket system. totally different and they are not compatible with each other but wait and see someone might answer your question better than mine

goodluck

Old 07-17-2009, 03:23 PM

well the only reason i think it may be possible is because the dealer offered me an aftermarket nav when i bought the car rather than the factory one. so it would only make sense that it can be connected somehow. when i go for my next oil change ill ask them but i dont like spending more time in the dealer than i have to.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:48 AM

The "aftermarket" SatNav the dealer would have offered you would be a stick-on-the-windscreen job. Not a sexy installed one.

Factory bluetooth, as mentioned above, is a joke. As is most of the factory gear. It's all integrated through the computer so you can't upgrade it. (I.E. Amplifier, sub, splits)

For instance, I can't use the voice dial built in the bluetooth because I have the factory satnav and the voice controls are reserved for zooming in or out, changing screens, and all the useless garbage I'll never use. Which means I have to pull over to dial the phone number so I can talk on the phone while driving.

Go figure!