Chop Shop Show off your designs here. Or post to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride.

Didn't finish car yet so I used the computer to

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned
Default RE: Didn't finish car yet so I used the computer to

Bigger rims dont make the overall diameter wider. All it does is remove some of the sidewall to acomodate the larger rim.

Anyone that has a ****ing clue about cars knows that less sidewall = crappier handling.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Bigger rims dont make the overall diameter wider. All it does is remove some of the sidewall to acomodate the larger rim.

Anyone that has a ****ing clue about cars knows that less sidewall = crappier handling.
How so? Less side wall = less tire flex in the turns = better turning. Only thing I notaced is I feel the bumps more since theirs almost no side wall.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 5star

How so? Less side wall = less tire flex in the turns = better turning. Only thing I notaced is I feel the bumps more since theirs almost no side wall.
Hmmm guess that is why Evos get only 17 inch rims and all of the people who road race and autox use 16 or 17 inch rims so they can fit a bigger tire. tires being able to shape the road are a good thing. hard tires that will touch less surface and not grip as well. the bigger the rim the smaller the sidewall the worse the handling and the harder you hit bumps.

No offence but your reasoning behind alot of things you say is the exact opposite from being true. You are prolly one who believes convertables are lighter than coupse because they have no roof??

Old 12-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

If you are goingto argue you might as well KNOW what your talking about.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:59 PM

If you are goingto argue you might as well KNOW what your talking about.
I was talking about the car is more stable in the turns with less side wall but its not to likely that any one is going to turn fast enough to go up on 2 wheels. And I knowthat for a fact from racin quad. And big tires and small rim and high horse power the tire can get fatter as you accolorate giving more traction from a wider foot print.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Moron, the 'footprint' doesnt change. That is the surface area to the ground. It has jack **** to do with going up on 2 wheels. You still cant see the point, you are a moron.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:21 PM

Moron, the 'footprint' doesnt change. That is the surface area to the ground. It has jack **** to do with going up on 2 wheels. You still cant see the point, you are a moron.
What you talking about. You trying to tell me that the more side wall the more stable?

Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Banned

Pretty much. You do realize that a car with 16's and a car with 19's actually have the same diameter tire right?

Lets just clarify, it means better grip.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:36 PM

Pretty much. You do realize that a car with 16's and a car with 19's actually have the same diameter tire right?
Ya.

But im 100% sure that the less side wall the more stable/less tippy a car is. 100% postaive

Old 12-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned

You are a ****ing moron....truely

Quick Reply: Didn't finish car yet so I used the computer to