Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 eclipse clutch and belt problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Default 99 eclipse clutch and belt problems

The car is a 99 eclipse gs OZ racing 10th aniversery blah blah edition. It has an aftermarket turbo, exaust, nothing major whatsoever. I can outrun my buddy's b16 though, lol. But that's not the point, it won't outrun anythign right now.
Problem is that for some reason the air conditioner keeps breaking the belt that controls power steering and the air conditioner. I think that the only other thing it's connected to is a tension control??? I don't know for sure. I'm really new to these cars. Anyway, the clutch is pretty much gone, whenever I take my foot off of it, it makes fun little grinding noises, lol. It sounds like the throw out bearing, but I might as well switch out the whole clutch while I'm there. I need to know what the chances are that it messed up the trani when it went. Or if that's not the problem at all, definatelly tell me that! lol. And, if anyone has time, pm me or something about the best way to remove the air conditioner and replace the clutch, along with a good place to get parts for my 2nd gen, thx lots.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 99 eclipse clutch and belt problems

parts for a second gen you can find anywhere. Just search for 420a (your engine code) parts and alot of site will come up. It does sound like a throw out bearing to me. can you get it into gear? I dont think it would have messed up the tranny unless you really tried slamming it into gears

Old 11-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Default RE: 99 eclipse clutch and belt problems

It goes into gear fine. lol, when it's running. to make things worse the alternator just went out as well. And since the freaking air conditioner keeps ripping up my belts, I don't have power stearing. oh well, my car will go faster without an air conditioner on it anyway. Kinda like a cheap lightening job, lol. I have a total of -$100 to my name, and I'll probly be waiting until december to fix it. Whoo hoo... [:@]