Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

99 mitsubishi galant 2.4L engine light on with jerking/hesitation/shaking

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Exclamation 99 mitsubishi galant 2.4L engine light on with jerking/hesitation/shaking

Hello all!

My name is Maribel and I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L ES with 105,293 miles as of right now.

Yesterday, Christmas I was about to head out and go to the store. I didn't get to do so because my CHECK ENGINE SOON light came on. The car started shaking, as a put it on drive the engine started to jerk, like the engine wanted to quit but continued, it continued to do this really rough, I put it on Park and it slowed a little bit but the engine stayed rough with hesitation. I tried driving it around the block, the jerking and shaking got worse. I can't take it to the local Pep Boys because they are closed today. So maybe some one can help out a bit?

Let me tell you about my Galant:
I bought it in Feb 2011

In March, I took it to my uncle who is a mechanic; he changed the spark plugs, oil, air filter, and a cap because oil was leaking. FREE

In August, My brother's friend who works at Pep Boys changed the two bottom belts and the radiator, normal wear and tear, I didn't want to wait till it got worse. $

In September, I took it to a normal shop and received an oil change.

In November, I changed all 4 tires, front breaks, and front rotors. $$

About 3 weeks ago my timing belt ripped, so I had the timing belt, little belt that goes with it , censor, and crankshaft blade changed. $$$$$$$

Thank you
If you need more info let me know.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 AM

Try cleaning maf sensor or fuel cleaner should fix problem