Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

ASX 1.8 DI-D DPF regeneration

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2023 | 04:29 PM
|

Originally Posted by OllieT
Yes that's right, this welding crack was on the exhaust manifold. And yes, I used an endoscopic style camera initially to find it.

My experience with this engine had been nothing short of traumatic. Many many hours fault finding and repairing a number of things, cleaning entire intake and exhaust system, and still there was no substantial improvement in dpf regeneration distances. Then about two months ago something went and it just started pouring blue smoke of of the exhaust and I couldn't get it up to highway speeds. It has been parked up now since then until I can get a decent span of time to start pulling it down again...
Mine is running fine and it has quite good boost. Except these regenerations are a little bit annoying because I am always waiting for the cycle to finish, I don't want to shut down the car during regeneration.

Old 07-23-2023 | 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by bostjan.klemenc82
Mine is running fine and it has quite good boost. Except these regenerations are a little bit annoying because I am always waiting for the cycle to finish, I don't want to shut down the car during regeneration.
both of these are very good resources for this vehicle:

[S/M]ASX (GA#)

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...3D%24&vid=0&q=

Good luck. I hope you find your issue!

Old 07-24-2023 | 01:44 PM
|

Well guys, I don't like what I have found but you were right... it seems it's on all engines. I think this is the one at the edge (left - drivers side). Others look fine.

Old 09-26-2023 | 01:18 PM
|

Hi guys, I need to make a comment after 6 weeks have passed since I had exhaust manifold replaced. Replacement + the new exhaust manifold costed me 750 €. This leak absolutely had no impact of whatsoever on DPF regeneration system.
The real thing with these engine is, the more you use highways, the better particle filter gets. Unfortunately for me and possible many other owners, I use highways on rare occasions.
I'll just make sure I change my engine oil regularly (15000 km) because from my point of view, that is the only thing that helps to keep these engines healthy despite more frequent DPF regeneration cycles.

Old 02-02-2024 | 01:23 AM

Hello again Dibby,
I'm wondering if you might have a suggestion for someone to diagnose my ASX? I'm near Ballarat, but at this point I would travel to know it's having a clued up tech look it over.

Cheers