Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

CAnt figure out what happened

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Default CAnt figure out what happened

Okay i bought a 96 eclipse GST and they put a new engine in it with a used block and all the other components are brand new. I know they guy who did all the work did it right because he owns his own performance shop and what not and is very well known around here but anyways back to my point.

The other day i was driving it and i noticed the idle RPM's we slowly decreasing and sounds starting to startup. I pulled over in a wal-mart parking lot by the grance of god and cheched the fluids and the dip stick was a dry as a bone so i went inside walmart bought oil, put it in and was on my way, i made it about a 1/4 a mile and this sh*t hit the fan. It stalled out so i pulled of the high way ( almost crashing like ten times) and stopped in a old parking lot and this is where the car sits right now. When i tried to start it i could hear ever compression inside the engine and it sounds like its hitting solid metal, its really loud. So i called the guy and hes like you did not drive it hard did you i was like yeah i just got it i want to see what it had, and he informed me that he did not preform a break in on the new componts on it yet witch was pretty vital to know when i bought the car. So i think i either loosened the camshaft, the timing is off, i streched somethign, or messed up the head.

What do you think could me making that sound and messing with the RPM's like that.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Default RE: CAnt figure out what happened

I think its crankwalk but im really really hoping it not