Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Cant figure out my electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Default Cant figure out my electrical issue

So...This is the first time I've posted anything here and Im gonna apologize in advance for the long post but any help will be appreciated. I have a 95 montero LS and I have been trying to fix the wiring nightmare that I have because of someone who had this truck before me and i discovered that something happened to the wiring for the engine control relay and someone "fixed" it by just twisting the wires together and taping it. They also brought a wire over from the ignition switch to power the relay and installed a battery disconnect switch in the dash because the mass air flow sensor was drawing the battery down. Well I fixed the relay pigtail the way it should be and now the mass air flow sensor has voltage when the ignition is off but as soon as the ignition is switched on it loses voltage. I have been struggling with this issue for days now and can't for the life of me figure out why the MAF voltage is backwards like that or why it wont start. What happened to get me into this mess was i was driving around and two of the wires going to the engine control relay came apart and it stranded me almost 50 miles from home so i had to have it towed home. I am attaching a pic of the pigtail from before I fixed it.

Attached Thumbnails Cant figure out my electrical issue-20130225_110655_1.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 AM

well, i figured out my problem. the ecm got fried