Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door solenoid not powerful enough?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Unhappy Door solenoid not powerful enough?

I have a 2006 Eclipse. When I click my door open button, or the rear latch button, the solenoids move, but don't have enough oomph to actually open the door/rear hatch. It "tries" to open, and the solenoid moves, but doesn't seem to have enough energy to actually open the latch.

This tells me the solenoid is getting power, but not enough power.

Can anyone direct me to a solution to this? I can post a video if needed. I have Google'd this and saw that this is a problem for other owners, but never found a solution.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 PM

These solenoids should be on a relay ....it may be the relay is weak.. try using a different relay in its place ... To see if the solenoid is okay run a wire directly from your battery to the positive side of the solenoid . If it still don't work then i would say the solenoid is weak.. This is just a test so get a wire long enough to run on the outside of the car from battery to your door ... Wish you all the luck

Old 05-01-2018, 09:46 PM

I should have asked if your trying to operate the doors and trunk from a key remote ..If this is the case the battery in the remote needs to be replaced....

Old 05-02-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Widgmaster
These solenoids should be on a relay ....it may be the relay is weak.. try using a different relay in its place ... To see if the solenoid is okay run a wire directly from your battery to the positive side of the solenoid . If it still don't work then i would say the solenoid is weak.. This is just a test so get a wire long enough to run on the outside of the car from battery to your door ... Wish you all the luck
Thanks I will try this. Good idea.

I am using the car button, so the key-fob battery isn't the issue.