Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

red radio display not bright enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Default red radio display not bright enough

How do I change the brightness on my radio display on the 2007 outlander?

Its not bright enough in day light!!!

puddy

Old 09-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Default RE: red radio display not bright enough

Did you try turning off the headlights?

Old 09-04-2007, 03:55 PM

go into the MMc menu > display settings and somewhere in there is an option to change the colour and brightness/ contrast etc of the display.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:00 AM

If the radio display, then I'm assuming they don't have the NAV.

There's the small round button in the gauges that adjust brightness...but even at full brightness the sun can glare out the radio display.

I've thought about getting a thin piece of black felt , fabric, or something flat black and applying it to the bottom of the dash indentation to prevent some reflection

Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 PM

guess we are all getting this issue!!! I have driven GM cars and their display can be seen in very bright sunlight guess mitsubishi did not address this problem along with quiet indcaters!!!!

puddy
ps just found this!

DIRECT SUNLIGHT IS COMING THROUGH THE FRONT WINDSHIELD OF MY 2007 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER ES, YOU CAN'T READ THE DIGITAL RADIO DISPLAY OR CLOCK. THIS CAUSES A DRIVING DISTRACTION BECAUSE IT CAUSES THE DRIVER TO LOOK AT THE DIGITAL RADIO DISPLAY FOR A MUCH MUCH LONGER THAN NORMAL PERIOD TO FIGURE OUT WHICH RADIO STATION THAT IS ON OR TO READ THE CLOCK. ALTHOUGH THIS IS A GREAT INCONVENIENCE, IT CAN ALSO BECOME A SAFETY ISSUE AS THE DRIVER SPENDS CONSIDERABLY MORE TIME FOCUSING ON THE DIGITAL DISPLAY BECAUSE IT IS DIFFICULT TO READ RATHER THAN ON THE ROAD DURING DIRECT SUNLIGHT PERIODS. IT IS MY OPINION THAT THIS DIGITAL RADIO DISPLAY PROBLEM CAN CONTRIBUTE TO AN ACCIDENT BECAUSE IT IS DISTRACTING THE DRIVER FROM FOCUSING ON DRIVING CONDITIONS AND TURNS THE DRIVER'S FOCUS TO THE RADIO BECAUSE THE DIGITAL DISPLAY IS DIFFICULT TO READ DURING DIRECT SUNLIGHT PERIODS. MITSUBISHI MOTORS WAS CONTACTED AND THEY AGREED THAT THIS CAN BE A PROBLEM, HOWEVER, THEY DON'T HAVE A "FIX" FOR IT NOW. THEY TOLD ME THAT IN THE EVENT THEY COME UP WITH A "FIX", THEY WILL CONTACT ME. *JB

Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM

I sent a letter in to mitsubishi 2 days ago and the called me this afternoon, they state that nobody else has complained about the radio clock telephone being too dark to read in sun light.

This complaint is not about the mmc system but with the bog standard radio.

If anybody else is having the same issue please e-mail me at m@puddy.co.uk and I will send the messages on to Mitsubishi UK

puddy

Old 09-13-2007, 02:44 PM

I agree with you even at the brightest setting, it is way too dark! but I think the problem is just the choice of colors...red and back is not very good for contrast.

so far my only complain about the car!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 AM

Puddy,
did you decide this problem ?

As I wrote at Outieclub.com, I know many peoples who have such problem with red radio display. Problem stronger when we drive on intercity roads where WE MUST turn on head- or fog-lightsBY LAW around the clock. Display still blind every sunny day.

Our dealer only give us promises that he was informed manufacturer. That's all.

Wefound the wire that responds to dimming red display. If you disconnect it, display won't decrease own brightness when headlights are on. Some guys hook it via separate switch and manually disconnect the wire at day, connect it at night. I connect it via relay that automatically connect this wire when headlights are on. Because I use fog-lights at day,headlights at night and don't want use a switch. That's so stupid I know, but we didn't think anything smarter.

I hope that you solved this problem and tell us about.

Thanks a lot.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:25 AM

Hi. I have an old Outlander, that the red display is dimming every day, now I doesn't see any difference when switching on/off the lights. Is there any way to know which is the wire that sends power to the display or that I need to disconnect to get a better view?

Thank you,

Originally Posted by Sergy
Puddy,
did you decide this problem ?

As I wrote at Outieclub.com, I know many peoples who have such problem with red radio display. Problem stronger when we drive on intercity roads where WE MUST turn on head- or fog-lightsBY LAW around the clock. Display still blind every sunny day.

Our dealer only give us promises that he was informed manufacturer. That's all.

Wefound the wire that responds to dimming red display. If you disconnect it, display won't decrease own brightness when headlights are on. Some guys hook it via separate switch and manually disconnect the wire at day, connect it at night. I connect it via relay that automatically connect this wire when headlights are on. Because I use fog-lights at day,headlights at night and don't want use a switch. That's so stupid I know, but we didn't think anything smarter.

I hope that you solved this problem and tell us about.

Thanks a lot.