Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first upgrades...???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Default RE: first upgrades...???

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

thanx for all the tips guys, i went to the local performance shop today (show zone) and all the guys were telling me that unles i wanted an entire new front end or take EVERYTHING out, get a new engine, and then put all new parts back in to suit the new engine then im not gettin a new one b/c there isn't really one out there that is more powerful that will fit in my engine compartment... kinda sux but hey i'll work with what i have. yea i heard that i would end up losing the new upgraded I/H if i got a turbo so im not gonna bother w/ that but i am gonna dual out my exhaust so i have some kind of decent sound coming out of it. after that it's saving for the turbo. the show zone guy said that i can get a stage 2 turbo, with everythin i need, intercooler, bov, everything with gauges for 4400. so i better get started saving up. does anybody have any suggestions of things i can do before then, i was reading about fuel filters today and how dirty they can get in a short time and was thinking about swapping it out, are there "performance" fuel filters out there?? if so, any brand suggestions?
First I would find out exactly what comes with that kit there offering you and go from there. Don't know what kind of internal work they do with that kit. I wouldn't bother just yet on the fuel filter since your probably going to have to upgrade your fuel pump you can do it all at once.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:26 AM

http://www.turbokits.com/eclipse_turbo_kits.html

it's the kit on the top. show zone said that this kit would be good for me... let me know what you think. i am already planning on upgrading the BOV, they said that would be a good idea. if you know of any other kits that would be worth buying let me know.

you also mentioned a pulley system, should i wait till after i get my turbo to get that?? or should i go ahead and get it?

Old 07-28-2005, 03:10 PM

Thanks for all the help. Now I know where to go to get some answers. My b/f knows EVRYTHING about Nissan products and I have always been a Toyota girl so this is ALL new. So I guess it's time to start saving.

Lacey

Old 07-28-2005, 03:31 PM

http://www.turbokits.com/eclipse_turbo_kits.html

it's the kit on the top. show zone said that this kit would be good for me... let me know what you think. i am already planning on upgrading the BOV, they said that would be a good idea. if you know of any other kits that would be worth buying let me know.

you also mentioned a pulley system, should i wait till after i get my turbo to get that?? or should i go ahead and get it?
Seems like a good kit. Never heard of STAR so I can't comment on quality. Turbonetics makes very good turbo's. Nothing wrong with the BOV. The HKS SSQV is the best out there in my opinion. Expecially if your wanting to vent. I would also go with the fuel pump upgrade. What are your end goals? What hp are you trying to get at? Also why is the shop charging you $4400.00 if the kit is only running $3099.00?

Old 07-29-2005, 10:22 AM

the gauges are about 400 total for the gauges themselves, the holder, and instilation, the turbo is 3099, instilation is 600, like 100 for shipping, and tax... when should i get the fuel pump upgrade?? before or after the turbo?? also do you have any name brand suggestions on a clutch n fly wheel??? and when should i do that? before or after the turbo?? my end goal is to have one of the fastest, but also want it to have an awesome sound system!! i guess simply put, i want the nicest eclipse on the road, anywhere, period. but i know that this is like 3 or 4 years down the road.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:22 PM

the gauges are about 400 total for the gauges themselves, the holder, and instilation, the turbo is 3099, instilation is 600, like 100 for shipping, and tax... when should i get the fuel pump upgrade?? before or after the turbo?? also do you have any name brand suggestions on a clutch n fly wheel??? and when should i do that? before or after the turbo?? my end goal is to have one of the fastest, but also want it to have an awesome sound system!! i guess simply put, i want the nicest eclipse on the road, anywhere, period. but i know that this is like 3 or 4 years down the road.
lol... sorry but to be the fastest Eclipse your going to need alot better kit then what there offering you. Your going to be quick on the street but to be the fastest your going to have to go below 10's in the quarter mile.

What kind of gauges are they selling you?

Old 08-01-2005, 01:40 AM

to be hones i don't know yet, my turbo is probably a year out anywayz so im not really worried about it right now... back to the turbo convo, what kind of turbo would i need to be competible and down in the 10's? and what is the price range for something like that?

Old 08-03-2005, 06:52 PM

replace the pump just before the turbo kit goes in...it's not that hard. i would go with both ACT clutches and flywheels. they make great products.

Old 08-03-2005, 08:01 PM

Spiffy up the suspension then worry about going fast....

Old 08-04-2005, 01:54 PM

what do you suggest about suspension? i mean in a timeline list..?