Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help disaster after audio system installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Default help disaster after audio system installation

Hey guys, thanks for taking to time to look at this, after my friend installed a head unit in my 2000 eclipse gt, i lost my right Front turn signal, my AC , my cruise controll, rear wiper spray, and my wipers stop in all differant positions. i have tested all fuses, and they are good, i have NOT tested any relays, just switched a few around. i am pasted inspection, and i cant go another summer without AC, nobody understands how all these things stopped working at once, i finally got fed up and took it to my local auto zone, the guy said my main relay box is probley shot, its a blue long box about 6 inches long directly under the dash board, the # on it is "mr490283 ". While attemping to put the right turn signal on, there are loud clicks Supposely coming from this box, also when i engage my rear wiper spray, i hear a Click from the supposed same box........ this whole is very dissappointing, and i cant stand this anymore please for the love of god somebody help me. does any1 have any Ideas, or WHERE can i get that main relay box please.. help.. thank you so much my email is

aj_lapd@comcast
myspace.com/fight4trufreedom

Old 05-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Default RE: help disaster after audio system installation

it depends, did he run a new power wire to the battery, or use the original? and if he used the original, go back and disconnect the stereo, he might have wired it to a wrong power wire that is in line with other components, and they arent getting what they need to funtion right..... idk i dont realy know anything about 2000's but if it started right after that, he obviously wired something wrong, or there was a funtion or security device on the stock stereo that not there now and is messing things up.... my suggestion is to put your original stereo back in and get a cd changer, which uses an unused radio station (87.1 or something around there) and transmits your music through the stock system

Old 05-10-2008, 05:05 PM

I had something simular happen to me twice. Both times I was putting neon lic frames on two different mitsubishi's. The way I ended up getting it fixed is to take it to a dealer. I think the japan way is to make everthing to exact I think the guy at auto zone was right it was a relay when mine went bad too. Good luck man. You want it fixed take it to a dealer.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:37 PM

thanks bro i really appreciate it, when it happend to you, what realy went?

Old 07-31-2009, 03:31 AM
Thumbs up Working Relay box MR490283

If you need a working relay box # MR490283 I have a working one pulled from my 01 Eclipse GT. Email me at queenbayi@gmail.com

Old 07-31-2009, 11:54 AM

Next time go to Best Buy Installation you can pay the kids there to install your car stereo or cd player.

They will even tell you why the wirings are wrong.