Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Brake fluid went low....disaster now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Default Brake fluid went low....disaster now?

My wife drove the Montee thursday night ( it drove just fine) and when she got back in friday morning, she started backing up and it would not stop..so she used the emergency brake. I inspected the Montee saturday morning and found the blake fluid was at minimumm level and they (SEE BELOW) make a purring sound and three loud squeaks. So I purchased brake fluid and filled it to max. Drove the Montee down the street and realized the brakes were "permenantly on". Not enough to stop the car from moving but i could tell they were on w/o me touching the pedal. I bled the brakes using the 2 man method, she pumped it, held it, I opened the vavle until fluid stopped running and pedal hit the floor, and closed it, she let off, pumped them 3 times, i checked for a solid stream, closed it. I did this to all 4 sides. Now..my brakes are working, good stopping, no airy or squishy feeling to them.

HOWEVER, when the brakes are applied, the black ball looking(master brake cylinder?) thing next to the brake fluid container wiggles and I can hear a low purr for a few seconds and it makes 3 to 4 loud squeaks....squeak squeak squeak.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Banned
Default RE: Brake fluid went low....disaster now?

master cyl needs to be replaced