Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i have no idea 96 spider gs

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Default i have no idea 96 spider gs

i just bought a 1996 spider eclipse gs it ran ok 2 days ago when i got it.it came with the hid upgrade already and there is a after market turbo in it .my horn turns my lights on and they wont turn off unless i unplug the battery.also i bottomed out the other day and a wire came un done well i fixed that and it will start now.butt it runs like crap idleing under 1000 rpms and acts like it wants to die.i put some octane boost in it now its smokes more then myself.im sure the lights are a wireing issue but i have no idea what to do to make it run better.im doing a check on the coils hopefully its that but idk.

should i undo all the turbo mods and reinstall them.im about the do the valve cover gasket because it leaks a little.what should i do i feel like i got ripped off

Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 AM

I wish I had an answer... Mine is doing something similiar. Headlights won't shut off without unplugging the battery, Stereo will not come on, no climate control, had to unplug the horn because it will not shut off, the dome lights will not come on at all, when the door is opened it will not turn the dome lights on or chime like it is suppose to... Every once in a while when it warms up everything will work.

I have no aftermarket turbo, however there was a remote start and aftermarket alarm that was installed then removed before I bought it... Wish I could figure it out.