Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interrior Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Default Interrior Electrical Problem

So here it is. After jump starting my car one day (2002 Eclipse) about 2 minutes after the jump start a bunch of electrical things went out in my car. So some of the things that went out in my car at this time were:

Dash Clock
Power Door Locks (ONLY when the car is off, they work when the car is on)
CD player
Sunroof
Door Open light on dash

All those things went out meaning they do not have power anymore. As like if All of those fuses went out. So I then proceeded to check all the fuses. All of the fuses in the 2 fuse boxes (under dash, and in engine bay) are all good.
That brings me to my question,

What do you guys think happened? What should I check next to see what I need to replace?

Thanks for the help. Ill be glad to answere any questions, to help me find out what is wrong.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:35 AM
Default RE: Interrior Electrical Problem

I would get an electrical diagramfirst, or a part of it, showing things you're trying to fix. Looks like the power is still missing somewhere, it could be a relay that doesn't come on anymore, or could be an ECU module that controls some functions. I have no experience on your type of car, but some things are common. Check CD player hookup and see if you getboth ACC volts and Constant volts to it. If you figurethis out, then your other problems couldwell be fixed too. I hope I made it clear enough for you, feel free to ask questions and post your results. Good luck.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:57 AM

Ok... where to start.... fuses not blown right?
Did the car start fine after jumping it?
Do you have problems trying to turn it on?
Have you tried using a different battery?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: HandyPal

I would get an electrical diagramfirst, or a part of it, showing things you're trying to fix. Looks like the power is still missing somewhere, it could be a relay that doesn't come on anymore, or could be an ECU module that controls some functions. I have no experience on your type of car, but some things are common. Check CD player hookup and see if you getboth ACC volts and Constant volts to it. If you figurethis out, then your other problems couldwell be fixed too. I hope I made it clear enough for you, feel free to ask questions and post your results. Good luck.
Alright, I will Test and post to let you know if there is ACC volts and Constant volts to it.

ORIGINAL: Kaede.Noir

Ok... where to start.... fuses not blown right?
Did the car start fine after jumping it?
Do you have problems trying to turn it on?
Have you tried using a different battery?

Fuses are not blown, Correct.
Yes the car did start after the jump and has started fine since.
I do not have any problems turning the car on.
I have not tried usuing a different battery due to everything els works fine, should I try a different battery?