Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Replaced Front rotors and brakes and have issues now...

Old 06-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Default Replaced Front rotors and brakes and have issues now...

Hello all,
I am hoping for some help here. I just replaced my front brakes and rotors and all went pretty well except when I got to the second caliper. When I depressed the caliper (passenger side) the driver side had fluid leakage. It wasn't from the caliper on the drivers side and I couldn't figure out where it came from. I checked the reservoir which is on the drivers side and there wasn't any leakage there that I could see. Anyone have any ideas? Also, I drove it around the block and now when it is almost about to completely stop the brakes make a grinding sound right before the vehicle fully stops. And of course one last thing. I hear a clicking noise in my center console now when I depress the brake when the car is in park.

What I did and didn't do:
Opened master cylinder reservoir cap on passenger side.
Brake fluid reservoir on driver side accidentally left cap on.
Had parking brake engaged when I was doing repair.
Depressed calipers with a C-clamp slowly and had no issues with driver side, which I worked on first.

Issues:
Brake fluid leaked from somewhere under hood on driver side from engine compartment.
Loud clicking noise from center console when I depress brake in park.
Brakes grind just before stopping the vehicle.

Any help or insight as to what I should do would be helpful. Thanks!

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

Old 07-15-2017, 11:11 AM

The clicking sound is 'normal' in that the outie will eventually do that, it's the shifter locking pin, you normally don't notice it because it releases while you are starting unless you are playing with the brakes.