Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedo, clock, head deck & odometer/tripmeter no work

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:29 AM
Default Speedo, clock, head deck & odometer/tripmeter no work

1997 CE MIRAGE

Last week Sunday while driving home the fuse for the blinkers blew. Hazard's still worked.
Replaced fuse. On Wednesday it happened again but also took the hazard with it. Replaced both.

It was suggested I had a short somewhere. Told to look around the lights, blinkers, taillights but found nothing so far.

Next day got in the car to go to work and the speedo wasn't working. Bugger. I thought it was just going to be a blown fuse so after work checked it and it was fine.

Confusion followed. Swapped the fuse for a new one anyway but still nothing.

Anyway next day had to go to the bank to sort out a issue and noticed on the way down the clock wasn't working as was the head deck.

Thought about it for a day to come to a logical conclusion and I believe the ignition switch has gone. So far it's the only common element between the system's that makes sense to me.

Can anyone else help me out to isolate the issue or share their experience with a similar issue. I don't believe the speedo cable or vehicle speed sensor to be the culprit at this point in time but haven't checked them out yet as I do not know where they are located.

So far no more fuses have blown.