Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Default Still Won't Start

My 98 Eclipse still wont start . I checked the cam sensor and its good , but the coil pack sensor i cant get a read on my analog reader . It has gas , fuel pump works . I took a spark plug out and tryed starting it and still i didnt smell any gas . But not getting gas doesnt have to do with spark . Ive tryed everything . Does anyone have some good insight on if it could be the ecu, or computer , or theres just something not plugged right??? there is no current getting to the coil pack plug! Help! ive tryed everything , so if you post give me insight on what the many things it could be instead of telling me to check this and that , cuz i checked everything , or i overlooked something!

Old 04-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned
Default RE: Still Won't Start

Well if you are not smelling gas....then its could be a few things, try taking some starter fluid and see if it kicks over from that. If it does then you need to check your fuel system. Did you check line pressure?

Old 04-08-2006, 08:14 AM

I would do what NESPEED said first off, and if that doesnt get it I would definatly jump power to the coil pack plug-in and see if it fires then.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:20 PM

I havent checked any of the lines but the fuel pump does kick on , but its just not getting spark at all , idk what to do !

Old 04-08-2006, 09:40 PM

ok...how did what I suggested work out?

Old 04-09-2006, 05:17 PM

There is fuel in the lines ! but no spark still , i tryed jumping the plug on the coil pack and that didnt work either!

Old 04-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

All right FIRST OFF chill out dude. You're not giving us ANY info to go on. Merely telling us there is fuel in the lines and there is no power in the coil tells me absolutely NOTHING. First off Are you checking for spark at the end of the plug wires? If so how are you testing for spark? And have you tried REPLACING the plug wires? As for the fuel... Have you put a fuel pressure tester on the fuel rail? Then how do you know there is fuel in the lines? Just because the pump is running doesn't mean it's actually sucking fuel. Maybe your tank is empty and the gas guage is off. Maybe the in tank filter is clogged and you're not getting gas to the engine. Maybe you in LINE filter is clogged and yout pump isn't getting gas past it. PLEASE don't tell US you've checked EVERYTHING as if you HAD checked EVERYTHING you'd have found the problem now wouldn't you. We will do our best to help you but if you're not willing to help yourself then there will be nothing we can do to help you. Any of the symptoms you describe can be caused by multiple problems and certain tests are required to narrow down the possibilities. If you can't or are unwilling to do the tests then we can give you a 50 page list of all known problems and let you throw parts at the car all day. Sorry if I sound like a ***** but you can't tell us "I get no spark from the coil" and expect us to tell you EXACTLY what your problem is.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:54 PM

hey guys i have a symiler problem as the other guy but i tesetd every thing from the camshaft senser to the coil packs, im getting spark but the no fire. i also replaced the ecu and that didnot solv the problem. do u guys have any segations. thanks