Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tacho Problems D38A

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Default Tacho Problems D38A

Hey Folks........

Have just stumbled across this forum, and am hoping for some good advice from fellow Mitsu Owners. I have had this problem for a few years now and now and again dust off the Tech Manuals and try to find and fix the issue and to date have had no joy....... hopefully some good advice will come from this post

My PJ is a 1995 FTO GR, D38A (V type 6 cylinder DOHC 24 valve same as 97 gallant)I have owned her from the day she was Imported from Japan to Ireland 8 years ago now, (now living in UK) about 6 years ago I have a problem with the car not starting and had the CAS changed when I got the car back the Tacho was not working.

The following is what has been done to date:

Inspection procedure 54-15 (no codes from ECU, all wiring checks at meters to +/- and ecu and sensors) ... all good and says change Tacho which I did and ....still not working.......

IFS (Ignition failure sensor) Change ....still not working.......

ECU SWAP ....still not working.......

I have a UNI-T Auto Meter which has 6cyl rpm signal test but can’t get any signal from the ECU signal wire or the IFS or engine speed connector......

As this is the same as the Gallant V type 6 cylinder DOHC 24 I am hoping that one of you folks can drop so ideas in to this thread and see if i can get this problem sorted out, any suggestions are more then welcome even if there is a way to feed another signal from the engine to the tacho.

Jay

PS have all workshop manuals for this Engine in PDF format if they are any good anyone ..

Last edited by jaybuk100; 09-12-2009 at 04:01 PM.