Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

`97 4d68t galant tacho+turbo problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Default `97 4d68t galant tacho+turbo problem

Hey guys, I`m from Latvia and just registered here, because i have a problem and spent lot of time reading thru manuals n stuff, but cant find answer.
So the problem is - Mitsu Galant `97 (8gen) 2.0td - last weekend we got through a BIG puddle, the saloon was soaked and inside was like 1cm water level, i`m trying to dry it out, but it aint happening fast and after that i got this problem - the check engine light is on all the time, disconnecting battery doesnt help, i feel that turbo isn`t blowing, the car ir really..weak and the tachometer doesnt show anything. Speedo is fine.
And also noticed 1 strange thing - before i had some problems with starting - i had to hold the key and start it like for 10seconds, but now it starts up with almost half turn of the starter :wtf: even cold. strange for diesel.
Maybe someone can give me some hint where to look or what to do

Last edited by ordii; 11-19-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ordii
Hey guys, I`m from Latvia and just registered here, because i have a problem and spent lot of time reading thru manuals n stuff, but cant find answer.
So the problem is - Mitsu Galant `97 (8gen) 2.0td - last weekend we got through a BIG puddle, the saloon was soaked and inside was like 1cm water level, i`m trying to dry it out, but it aint happening fast and after that i got this problem - the check engine light is on all the time, disconnecting battery doesnt help, i feel that turbo isn`t blowing, the car ir really..weak and the tachometer doesnt show anything. Speedo is fine.
And also noticed 1 strange thing - before i had some problems with starting - i had to hold the key and start it like for 10seconds, but now it starts up with almost half turn of the starter :wtf: even cold. strange for diesel.
Maybe someone can give me some hint where to look or what to do
It looks like your ECU (Engine Control Unit) has short-circuit or bad contact problem. Try to disconnect it and dry it out. I am not sure but it is either under passenger's seat, or behind the glove box.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Spammer gone and will not be returning. Please keep things on topic just report the spam and either I or one of the others will take care of it. No need to threadjack.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 AM

changed timing belt and found the fault - engine crank angle sensor. md351408, fits only original..
when balancing shaft belt crashed i guess it hit that sensor and broke it...