Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

tranny stuck in gear?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:49 AM
Default tranny stuck in gear?

my buddy has a 2001 galant, 4cyl auto, he blew the tranny and we just got done putting a remanufactured one in with a new torque converter. get the car back on the ground, fill with fluid, and we have to push it out of my garage because the battery is dead, when we try to push it it feels like its in gear...yes its in neutral according to the shifter and the linkage...when we try to push it back you can see the front tires rotating slightly then they start to skip kinda like when pop starting a manual tranny. we've put the car in neutral according to the shifter, and set the linkage to neutral by hand (shifter lines up with it) and still nothing. park works fine, and when in any other gear it does the same thing. so now i'm wondering whats going on, is there some special way to set the linkage or is the reman tranny shot? the tranny is from everdrive and obviously has not yet been run due to the fact that we cant push the car out of the garage to jump start it. the ebrake is down, the wheels are not chocked, the brakes arent sticking, it will roll when pushed hard enough but again pretty much feels like when you pop start a manual tranny. any help is appreciated, thank you.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Default tranny stuck in gear

its like youre always stuck in fifth gear well it hasnt been your day, your week, your month or even your yearbut, ill be there for you, when the rain starts to pour.....