Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

tuning and diagnostics

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Default tuning and diagnostics

okay here is the deal, i recently picked up a laptop and would like to be able to hook it up to my outlander. I know this is a little wierd but i figured that the lancer and outlander have the same connections so finding something to accomplish this would be easy. well it is not and i need your help. First i would need some kind of cord that plugs to the ecu and my laptop, finally i will need some kind of a program to tap into it. hopefully there is something out there for me to accomplish this and hope to here from you guys soon.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: tuning and diagnostics

Yes there is but you have to find out what your connection is under the dash. All new cars have finally switched to the ODB II connector. Older model cars may have different connections though. You'll have to take a look at your specific ones and see if they are the same before searching.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:13 PM

ok i have already done that and what do i now look for. thanks for the input and hope to hear some more good news

Old 12-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Well first off are they both ODB II connectors? (Should look like this : ----------
/ \
-----------
If it's ODB II you should be able to find something that will connect to most likely to your serial port on your laptop. Then all you need is the software to use it.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:12 PM

ok, now what is the program that i need to use, or software that is available. and where would this be available to purchase, do you think a local mitsu shop would have this. also what do you exactly recommend. alright i have checked once more to verify that it is a match with your description and yes it does. but it seems to me that it has two ports, i believe one is for diagnostics and the other?? but they do match what you say so please get back as i am getting fired up over this