Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Very Strange "Reseting" Issue

Old 06-17-2016, 09:32 PM
Default Very Strange "Reseting" Issue

Hello all,

I've joined here to hopefully get some insight. The nearest dealer is 2 hours away so I figured I'd exhaust my resources.

I have a 2013 RVR (Outlander Sport)
has 115000 kms (yes they're high, I know)

Anyways, a few weeks ago is the first time this issue happened and seems to happen every 4 or 5 days. I go to unlock my car with the remote FOB, the FOB light illuminates but the car won't unlock. I manually unlock it with the key, start the car with absolutely ZERO struggle, but all my radio presets are wiped, my electronic dash is back as if I reset everything. My radio doesn't turn on right away and my fan takes a about a minute to click on.

I've made sure I don't leave lights on or anything on and I haven't. The battery is new as of March of this year. I haven't tested it. I don't know if it is coincidental, but the clock will always be reset back to 1:00. Every single time.

This has happened probably 5 or 6 times now. No other issues and again no struggle to start or signs of a dead battery. It's as if I've replaced the battery and everything has reset.

help?

Old 06-17-2016, 09:57 PM

Check the battery and check for loose battery cables. Eliminate the obvious first.