ASC malfunctioning

Old 07-03-2015, 08:39 PM
Default ASC malfunctioning

I have had my 2007 outlander for a month. When I purchased it the ASC service needed light was on as was the ASC Off light. The ASC button did not work, either. In the last 2 days the ASC service warning and ASC Off light both went off. But now the ASC warning will come on but it is the picture of the swerving car and it flashes. When I brake while the swerving car is flashing I can feel some resistance. It has just started doing this. At first I thought the problem was electrical because my air bag light is on and I told that was just an electrical issue. But now since the ASC warning and light has started to go on and off and I am feeling a change in the breaks when the swerving car flashes on the dash, I am afraid it is something more serious. I am a young woman and am afraid that I will be taken advantage off when I go to have it looked at. So I'm just hoping that someone here could maybe give me a heads up on what might be the issue so I wont be completely blind going into the mechanics. Thanks.