Got a used Mitsubishi

Old 12-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Default Got a used Mitsubishi

Got a used Mitsubishi Endeavor and took it to Columbus Mitsubishi North to have the timing belt and other belts changed. Could have had it done locally ( Cols is about 60 miles away) but thought that the dealer would be best to handle the job, as they do it all time on that model. Boy was I wrong! The first time I got it back after waiting about 7 hours, they gave it to me w/ the power steering belt loose--squealed and no PS. I had them fix that, and got it home and looked at the engine. Wow! all 3 bolts on the motor mount were not just loose but were sticking about 1/4 inch out of the holes! (one is a nut, was sitting at the end of the bolt) and there is a bolt on the timing belt cover that is just as loose. Wish I could post pictures as I took shots for this poor workmanship. I took that car up there cause the timing belt needs to be right, and wanted someone skilled with experience who would do quality work to work on it, and paid the high dealer price to get this peace of mind, now am pretty sure I let some unskilled bozo with no commitment to quality mess it up. Wonder what else he goofed up? Paid exta for peace of mind and didn't get it! No more Mitsubishi dealer Service! the guy down the street does much better work and wont' charge me a premium price for it. That excludes me from buying Mits new too, as I cannot purchase a new vehicle from a company who cannot service it. Clearly a company that does not strive to run top notch service.