Would Love Some Advice

Old 05-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Default Would Love Some Advice

Hey there guys, I'm in the market for a vehicle (sort of) and would love the advice of some car enthusiasts.

I'm a young male, about to go into college. I'm currently driving an '06 Chevy Optra. I'm not a fan of it, but I bought it because I got a good deal on it and needed a vehicle at the time. The car has been reliable, though, and I feel like it will still last me a long time.

I've always been a fan of the 2G Eclipses, but they are very uncommon in my area. I've spotted one for sale, a 1997 with 215km on it (Not sure on the miles conversion). I test drove it today, and it seemed to run fine, but I'm not too sure how reliable these cars are. In your experiences, how long do these cars usually go before they're junk? I don't mind putting a little bit of money in it, it is worth less than my current car, anyway.

My family wants me to stick with whats new and reliable, but the Eclipse fan wants me to just sell my Chevy and buy it. Do you think it's just going to be a money pit maintaing a '97, or should I go with the car that I truly like?

Thanks for the help, would like to hear from people with the car.

It's a stock base model.