YO ADMINS- READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Default RE: YO ADMINS- READ THIS

I totally agree with you TheEngineer. Frankly that is what I have been trying to say all along. The members keep people here. Anyhow, sorry for getting worked up. I really didn't mean to come across as a dick. I really had no idea that the admins on this forum had no control over what went on. It makes a lot more sense now. Thank you for clearing it up.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:35 PM

we hav comtrol over the members. The site itself is controlled by Patrick. If we want another section added to this site we have him approve then edit the site. If there is a member who needs to be banned that is the admins jobs. Patrick is here once in a while he doesnt show up much with posts unless we need him too

Old 01-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Emonz, this isn't about banning members but rather banning urls.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

He was just giving you an idea of the extent of their capabilities.

Patrick---edits entire site
Assistant admins---control threads and members
Moderators---control threads

Old 01-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Oh ok, gotcha.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned

Nothing to do with me... but after reading i have to side with Echo. I have also brought up this point once before... but never got any answers and never saw a need to start a thread about it. I am thrilled that somebody else has thrown the idea out there and said something.

Good job!

Old 01-08-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

He was just giving you an idea of the extent of their capabilities.

Patrick---edits entire site
Assistant admins---control threads and members
Moderators---control threads
exactly what I was saying.

Although all mods and admins can get talk to patrick aside from the site an ask for changes. Echostats you can try PMing patrick yourself as well to see if he canfurther explain to you or maybe work with you to make a fix for this issue

Old 01-08-2007, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Nothing to do with me... but after reading i have to side with Echo. I have also brought up this point once before... but never got any answers and never saw a need to start a thread about it. I am thrilled that somebody else has thrown the idea out there and said something.

Good job!
like I said before I did ask patrick at one time long before I was even a moderator for taht mtter. When I was new to the site I never left the Eclipse sectionI lived there lol. I owned my eclipse still actually and the site didnt even have an EVO section at that time.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Banned

Ok so basically nothing can be done about it?

Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Elaborating on the links I see it as more of what would happen if a small time shop said well X BIGNAME has better info. Where are people going to go? Likely X BIGNAME vice LilGuy who isn't as big and knowledgable yet. If we know there is good info on other sites why not make ours better by posting some of the same proven info so our memebers don't HAVE to go elsewhere to find it. I mean if you went to a small library branch and they kept sending you to the main branch to get the info and books you need, would you keep going to the little library?

Quick Reply: YO ADMINS- READ THIS