YO ADMINS- READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: YO ADMINS- READ THIS

I understand what you are saying sang. But it is a pain to sit there when someone needs help on a topic. and try and copy an entire thread writen by someone else especially when there are pictures involved. You may want to spend 1/2 hour to help someone on tech help. Maybe if i was doing a write up or a DIY then i would copy everything and take the time. But for every little person that needs a quick answer, its asinine. Why re-invent the wheel. There are plenty of other sites i have been on that didnt do this and they didnt have a problem with that. Once again i do understand your arguement, and if thats the rules of the site, then i have non problem following them, i just think its can be allitle annoying.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Default RE: YO ADMINS- READ THIS

Alright, I think everyone understands the argument but it seems examples always help so I will give two scenarios... these are hypothetical. When you're done reading, you can decide which you would rather mitsu forums be, option 1 or option 2.

Option #1: This site is a business. The object of this site it to attract members, get them posting daily and keep them here as long as possible. The more people we have leaving other sites and only viewing this site the better. Copy/ paste every FAQ thread from ever dsm forum so that we can be a one stop shop for everyone. Get as many sponsors and make as much money as possible.

Option #2: This site is a forum. We have sponsors to pay for the necessary hosting but those sponsors do not own us, just the server. We link and give credit to the sites with the information knowing that if say Emonz helped someone on this thread by giving that person a link to another forum, that person will remember Emonz and come back to this forum because "Hey, the peeps here are nice!". In doing this, we not only show the other forums (because yes, the other forums know that this site bans links to their forums) that we respect their members, but in doing so we're basically inviting those users to come and join this forum, meaning more user base, and more knowledge. But this option is all about multiple sites. I believe it was Sang that mentioned the library... if one library doesn't have what you need, that librarian will find it at the library down the road and tell you exactly where to go to get it... they won't say "NO, we're the only library so give us a week to plagiarize and copy that bitchin book with out xerox."

I see the good points in both options and that all was basically a waste of typing but anyhow... I started the thread and I will have no problem pming him myself. Thanks for the support, I kinda thought I was gonna get slaughtered for this thread there in the beginning.