Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

05 Ram intake Oxygen Sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Default 05 Ram intake Oxygen Sensor problem

Alright I have a big problem and I have tried everything but coming into forums..now this is my last try before giving up and taking it to a mechanic or somthing. Well I installed a short ram intake/cold air intake..can be converted but using as sri. I installed it myself..problem is when I plug in my oxygen sensor/mass air flow S it just sputters and dies..and if I try to go anywhere it losses power big time. I have reset my ecu..made sure the sensor is turned the right way..even added a resistor to it. I even tried to move the sensore around on the CAI tubing but nothing..I currently run without the sensore plugged in but my gas mileage is very horrible..anyway...what could be causing this problem..the car has less than 4,000 miles on it so it doesnt need a tune up. If anyone has had this problem and can help me..please help..I am on my last resort.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Default RE: 05 Ram intake Oxygen Sensor problem

Alright big daddy, number 1 the inside of an eclipse engine is EXTREMElY HOT! you should not even try to put a shorty ram. I tried the same thing and had the same results. I hope I got to you in time. The only intake you should put is a REAL cold air intake system from AEM or INJEN under the fender or in front of the engine for way cooler air because your setup is getting 225 degree air blowing staight at your filter and for every 10 degrees hotter your air is you loose .5 horses.

So for now put your factory back on and go by a real cold air intake. I am 19 and been working on cars for 3 years trust me on this one