Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2g exhaust help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Default RE: 2g exhaust help please

The intake and exhaust is the first step, I want to see how much the intake and exhuast will boost my turbo before i get a new one, but i do plan on getting on later, inner cooler, cam, ECU, everything to the engine, and of course my handling and stopping power. My buddy who rebuilt his 97 celica said that doing the intake and exhaust would be the best thing to do first. What would you say?

Old 08-01-2007, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jdninde

The intake and exhaust is the first step, I want to see how much the intake and exhuast will boost my turbo before i get a new one, but i do plan on getting on later, inner cooler, cam, ECU, everything to the engine, and of course my handling and stopping power. My buddy who rebuilt his 97 celica said that doing the intake and exhaust would be the best thing to do first. What would you say?
I say set a realistic goal for hp. Then start from the outside and start your way in towards the turbo and engine. When you say intake are you talking about the turbo inlet pipe or the actual intake manifold. Most of the good mods can be done before the turbo upgrade and engine upgrades are performed. What power level do you really want?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM

i have a good friend of mine who is real heavy in imports, and rebuilt a celica. He said that to get a good start would be to do the intake and exhaust. I plan on changing everything and anything eventually. My next step after this would probably be the turbo, and the inner cooler. With you have an eclipse what would you say should be the first step, and what specs. would bring out the most power

Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: jdninde

With you have an eclipse what would you say should be the first step, and what specs. would bring out the most power
Get some type of fuel management (SFAC, DSMLink, EMS, etc) and a boost controller. Start tuning.