Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Please help me??!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Default Please help me??!!

OK. I have a 92 gt sl auto. The car will run fine. Until. . . It seems like when it warms up and I come to a stop it'll stall. I start it. Stalls, Start it stalls. Get it back to the house. Drive it an hour or so later. Same thing. I can go through several stops signs then it seems once it warms up its all over again. I had it to the garage. The mechanic just bough a new computer. He said he couldnt get any communication with the car. He found a vac line off the throttle body and reconnected it. He let it sit and run it for about 30 mins. Ran fine. I pick it up take it about 2 miles out the road and pull off into a parking lot. I'm driving through this parking lot coming to stops and nothing happens. It seems to be ok. I drive it down to the firehall for the evening. Later that night i get in it to go to my house which is maybe .5 to .75 miles away. as im slowing down to turn in my road. It stalls. And stalls, And stalls. Whats the deal?

Old 04-23-2009, 05:55 AM

Battery or voltage regulator. it starts but no power so there is nothing wrong with the engine I Think it is the battery.

Try the battery first it must be old.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Default try this

My 3000gt for some reason or another is running super rich. when it starts up from cold its fine but after its been running a while and shuts off it doesnt want to start up if its been sitting for a little while 30-90 min. it turns over then stalls immediatly. From what i understand one of my sensors is bad but i dont know which yet and our scanner isnt working on the car but after i take it to the dealer ill let you know what it is and you can have yours checked on the off chance its the same thing. your problems sound very familiar to mine. does your car smoke? can you smell gas in the air? if you keep starting it and put the pedal to the floor let it rev to 6.5k and then let off does it run correctly?

Old 05-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by FAX68
Battery or voltage regulator. it starts but no power so there is nothing wrong with the engine I Think it is the battery.

Try the battery first it must be old.
definitely doesn't sound like a battery issue.

Did you check your ecu? we have a 92 here with a similar issue, and we're leaning towards his ecu being bad again (leaky caps).

Unless your mechanic has a higher-end snap-on scanner, he won't be able to communicate with your car.