Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Should i Get a VR4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Default RE: Should i Get a VR4?

Ship it over, my dad has shipped 5 different cars from various locations around the country, no problems whatsoever.

And the car i was looking at is a '98 Eclipse GSX that has a 6-bolt in it, and75,000 miles on the chassy....the guy who did it is a wiseman on thed-s-m-t-u-n-e-r-s forum (ignor the dashes, it was blocking it for some reason), so i think he knows what he is doing.

....so back to the question; I'm assuming by your answer you don't know of an inspecting service that specializes in modded cars?

Old 05-01-2007, 06:35 PM

I dont think theres many places that will specialize in just those types of inspections... That sounds like a good deal and all though... especially if the guy is on 'thier' site. How much is he looking for on that car?
But to closer answer: Find a shop that mods cars for race, like any reputable shop that has a dyno and all... that would be your best bet.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:42 PM

He wants 12,500; a little high, but then again it might be worth spending a little more to get something that has been done right.

SoI need to find a shop around the guy's area and have him bring it there? Do shops like that do inspections like that?

Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM

Im sure theyd do it if you asked\payed them to.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM

Ok.....I guess i'll have to poke around then....

Old 05-06-2007, 05:37 AM

Crap, ok, so the car i was looking at turned out that it couldn't pass emissions and didn't have AC....

Does this car look like it has been done right? The reason my eye caught onto it was the fact that he said all his parts were professionally installed bya shop, which means it probably has been done right.....

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds...6655&cat=4

WTF, ok, put d-s-m-t-u-n-e-r-s between the www. and the .com, and leave out the dashes.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

Well its front wheel drive. Right there is a no no. Second its still running the stock engine internals... another big no no. Not to mention that is way too much money for what it is.

There are others on there that are fully built with nice power.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Wow, Reading this thread is like watching a hamster spin in his wheel. Look am going to give you best advice you 16 and want to get vr-4 no offense but you cant have too much experince driving, and by the way you are express yourself about cars looks like you have little knowledge about cars and how to work on them. Three things can happen
1. you go broke from maintaing and fixing the car after you abuse it. Cause am sure youre not going to drive it 25mph /55mph.
2. you will get in serious accident cause the weight and powerof the car is going to strongly effect the brake distance and body roll= losing controlof the car doesnt really matter if its 4wd, braking is normaly (70% front and 30 to the back) (vary's on all cars those number are off my head ) so having all disc brakes in back and traction control can help abit but not much if you are exceeding speed in turns and speeding.
3. you would loose your license after couple months from speeding .
Look this is very general rule and am putting it simple no fancy words, If you want fast car its expensive and and need constent maintnce doesnt matter if your going with v-8 or import car (jap. or euro). Go with something around 200whp if you still wantafast car. going with dsm isnt a bad choice there light quick very agile and Great 1st car but there Turbo 2.0L engines which need special Technicians to work on them not any mechanic can do the job or matince for some work .But that is if money isnt an issue to you if its not then go for it.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Banned

Beings that a strong built DSM is actually cheaper than a VR4 by a fair amount, how do you say its a bad choice for money reasons?

Apart from that, i agree with everything you said. The kid wants, what the kid wants. If he wants to speed, hes going to regardless. If he is going to abuse the car, hes going to abuse it no matter what it is. In terms of abuse, a fully forged DSM is going to take a lot more abuse than a 1st gen VR4.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba
Apart from that, i agree with everything you said. The kid wants, what the kid wants. If he wants to speed, hes going to regardless. If he is going to abuse the car, hes going to abuse it no matter what it is.
...and if he is gonna abuse and tear up a car...I would just as soon it be a DSM than a 3S.

Quick Reply: Should i Get a VR4?