Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

ALARM SETOFF DONT HAVE REMOTE! HELLP MEEEE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Default ALARM SETOFF DONT HAVE REMOTE! HELLP MEEEE!!!!!

OK ANOTHER PLE 4 HELP BOUGHT 01 DIAMANTE ABOUT A MONTH AGO FROM SHADY CAR LOT WAS OK WITH THIS THEY TOOK OUT PART OF THE SYSTEM & DIDNT EVEN GET AN OWNERS MANUAL! MY HUSBAND TOOK IT FOR A RIDE & HE CALLS ME UP & SAYS DID U KNO UR CAR HAS AN ALARM?! THE ALARM WAS TRIPPED & STARTED GOING OFF & WE CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN IT OFF!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY NO REMOTES & NO SIGN OF THE ALARM!! WHAT TO DO? HE DROVE IT HOME GOING OFF AFTER A MILE OR SO IT SHUT OFF, AS SOON AS HE OPENED THE DOOR IT STARTED AGAIN! IM STUCK AGAIN! HELP

Old 03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Default RE: ALARM SETOFF DONT HAVE REMOTE! HELLP MEEEE!!!!!

I had the same problem with a 97 Diamante, I forced the folks I bought it from to furnish me with the key fobs. It was a huge ordeal, the local Mits dealer had to get involved and finally after sending the VIN to the Mits big house in CA, I got 2 fob's. When the cars arrived onshore in the US, I was told, they were setup with any number of aftermarket alarms, mine happenned to be a Code Alarm(brand) model. I too set it off the day I brought it home and it sounded for 20 mins till I took off the battery cables. This will most likely be a dealer only fix for you.
Best of luck,
Kevo

Old 03-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Default RE: ALARM SETOFF DONT HAVE REMOTE! HELLP MEEEE!!!!!

first, stop using ALL CAPS. Its really annoying and hard to read.

second, all diamantes have always had alarms. They automatically turn on and off when you use the key. They autumatically activate when you lock the doors using the lock switch inside the car.
If using the key in the drivers door did not disarm the system, there is something wrong with that door lock cylinder.
If the alarm goes of using the drivers door, take the key to either the passenger door or the trunk to disable or shut off the alarm. Then have it diagnosed by someone.