Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

Radio on but no sound in speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Default Radio on but no sound in speakers

Hello,

2002 Diamante ES, original sound system.
The stereo comes on and both radio and cd functions, but there is absolutely no sound from the speakers.

I have checked fuses and it looks good, and the stereo is working so.. Unless there is a separate fuse for the amp or speakers?

I read that one faulty speaker/wire can cause the system to mute, could that be the case? If so what is the best way to troubleshoot this? I have a multimeter and could measure the resistance in the wires but I'm not looking forward to stripping down the doors to get to the speakers. I would also need a diagram for which pins on the connector go to which speaker.

Would it work to just disconnect one speaker at a time, or would that not help if its the wire that is damaged?

I also wonder where the amplifier is located? I heard under the passanger seat or in the trunk but I would appreciate a more detailed location. Thought I could take a look at the amp too and see if there is any problems. What should I look for?

Thanks in advance, all tips are very welcome.